What is a mortgage calculator?
A mortgage calculator is a tool that can help you better understand or plan your mortgage financing arrangement. It can also help you see how a mortgage may affect your monthly budget. There are various mortgage calculators that can be used depending on the loan you are looking for, such as an ARM (adjustable rate mortgage) loan calculator, FHA loan calculator and more. A mortgage calculator can help with answering questions like "what's my mortgage payment?" or "how much house can I afford?".
Mortgage payment calculators
For a more accurate estimate, speak with a mortgage loan officer or apply for a prequalification
This mortgage loan payment calculator assumes a few things about you – a very good credit rating (a FICO credit score of 740+) and you’re buying a single-family home as your primary residence. It also makes assumptions about typical down payment amounts, settlement costs, lender’s fees, mortgage insurance, and other costs. Learn more about these assumptions below.
Our mortgage loan officers can help answer all of your home finance questions and find the mortgage that’s right for you – with monthly payments you can afford.
Mortgage affordability calculator
This home affordability calculator analyzes your income and debt to help you determine how much house you could afford.
Calculators for specific mortgage loans
If you have a specific mortgage loan that you are interested in, use the mortgage calculator related to your mortgage.
- Fixed-rate mortgage calculator – The fixed-rate mortgage interest rate will remain the same on these mortgages throughout the term of the mortgage for the borrower.
- ARM loan calculator – The adjustable rate mortgage interest rate is adjusted periodically based on a pre-selected index.
- FHA loan calculator – The Federal Housing Administration mortgage have lower credit and down payment requirements for qualified homebuyers.
- VA loan calculator – The Veteran Affairs mortgage have a long term low-or-no down payment loan guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and is restricted to individuals qualified by military service or other entitlements.
- Jumbo loan calculator – The jumbo loan mortgage is a non-conforming loan for loan amounts greater than $453,100 for a single-family home.
More about mortgages
Today's mortgage rates
See current mortgage rates for a variety of mortgage types, and learn more about rate assumptions and annual percentage rates (APRs).
We offer conventional fixed-rate loans, ARMs, FHA loans, VA loans and jumbo loans. We also offer loans for new construction and investment property.
If you’re ready to take the leap into homeownership, we can get you started on the right path.